Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Alright...So We Kind Of Cheated...


The Saint Louis Museum of Art is a mecca of creative and traditional masterpieces, including this oil on canvas “sketch” of St. Helena and the Emperor Constantine presented to the Holy Trinity by the Virgin Mary.


We just couldn’t believe that this ornate painting was only just a “sketch” of the actual finished work which is now on the ceiling of the Church of the Holy Cross in Jerusalem after this very painting was presented to Pope Benedict XIV.

"To make my mark."

"So that I can see the moon at night."

 "To see what the day will bring!"



We aren’t quite sure what these empty glass box art is portraying, but we came to the conclusion that it must have something to do with Taylor Swift’s new hit song “Blank Space”.


Situated down the hill from the art museum in Fairfield Park is the St. Louis Zoo!
Think maybe someone should maybe tell Jennifer that the turtle is about to bite her ankle?…
…No worries! It’s only a statue!


Scientific name for the western lowland gorilla: Gorilla gorilla gorilla.


This gorilla is deep, deep in contemplation and we’re going bananas thinking about how to caption this picture. We “ape-ologize” because we just realized we probably could’ve just asked the gorilla himself what he was thinking, but we’re not usually ones to “pri...mate“. We don’t mean to be “gorilla-ing” you, but let’s hear your best captions for this photo!


Exhibit Coming Soon!
The rare and unusual Jeanette and Jennifer in their unnatural habitat.
Type: Homo-Sapien
Life Span: Until we die.
Size: Fun size.
Diet: Coffee and PB&J
Habitat: In the Car.
Current Status: Endangered by Big City Traffic on Long Car Drives.


We even got to step inside the same Aviary that was a part of the Saint Louis World’s Fair Exposition!


….And the pavilion as well!


Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate factory tours before 11am? The best start to any day.


"To have a great day!"
"Because God breathed life into me so I can continue to enjoy my children and grandchildren."

The sweet ladies there even sent us to take a tour of the soap store, Herbaria!

 "I get to go to work making something wonderful people use everyday that makes their lives better."
"My boyfriend, Blake, and because I believe in my work (job) and my art!"


The Moto Museum was next for a unique sampling of Motorcycles from around the world!


….And here’s where we cheated. We know Cahokia Mounds isn’t technically part of Missouri, but we were just so close that we had to make a quick trip across the border! The border of Illinois that is.
And well, to be utterly honest, this isn’t the first time we’ve done this. We zipped out to Mount Vernon from our stay in D.C….and to New Orleans from Mississippi…but we would never be this close again…and didn’t regret any of those…detours…


The lasting remains of one of the greatest and most sophisticated native civilizations can be discovered at Cahkoia Mounds State Historic Site.

 "Needed to let my 2 dogs out."

 "Need to face the day to honor God and do His work."


Cahokia is so close to St. Louis that we could even clearly see the Gateway Arch from the top of Monk Mound, named for the Trappist Monks who once lived on the grounds nearby!


This mound in particular that we climbed up is the largest man made earthen mound in the continent of North America!

 "I'm 76 years old and I'm happy that God Bless me to be able to get up---and go to work."

 "I get up to accomplish my goals (career). To go to school and save money."


Even though the legendary Route 66 attraction Ted Drewes was closed for the month of January, our Missouri family had us try the grocery store version of the yummy custard!

 "I am a morning person. On workdays, I get up to go to work. On weekends and off-days I get up to enjoy the morning. I love sunrises. The mornings wakes up with both the sight of the sun and the sound of the wild, and most folks are still inside and quiet. A perfect time of day."

"To see what life brings me."
"To experience the world and everything it brings."

"I get up in the morning to go to work...early. On the weekends I get up to see what Bob [her husband] is doing and have my coffee."

Thank you to our wonderful Missouri family for exploring the city with us and welcoming us into your home! We hope to see you all again soon!
To edible Chocolates & Non-Edible Soaps!
Love,
The Crew

No comments:

Post a Comment