Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Enchantment of the Sea



 

After Mass...

 
"To worship our Lord. Especially today because it's Sunday."

 ...and some incredible food & company (including some scrumptious Oregon Chai tea!)...

 

...we got back in the car to attempt to witness one of the Oregon Coast's little known secrets.



Sheltered amongst the rocky shore of Cape Perpetua, Oregon, lies a mystical wonder of the sea.


If you are lucky enough to find this enchanting sink hole in the ocean, be wary of the thunderous waves that could so easily swallow you up and sweep you away into the ocean...or the sink hole itself!


Nicknamed Thor's Well because it looks as though the mighty mystical god Thor slammed his hammer into the ocean side, this clandestine anomaly of nature is best seen when it is most dangerous to be around, at high tide or during a storm.


Just simply let yourself be fascinated by how quickly the rolling walls of waves fill the gaping sink hole, drain, and then as if by magic, seemingly disappear. Where it goes, nobody seems to know.


Some claim that it simply drains back into the ocean, some say that it's a gateway to the underworld.


All we know is that our pictures don't nearly do justice to this mystifying event to witness...and that Jennifer has decided she wants to live there...in the hole...in the ocean.


"I get up to give my day to our Lord 1st and my family and to pray my morning offering before my morning ritual of coffee!"
"To see what the new day will offer!"
"Because I can!"
"I get up each day because it is what God wants me to do---it is what I need to do. Love is a decision not a feeling. So despite not always feeling like I want to get up, I submit my will to God's. This just happens to be the season I am in. So, regardless of how you feel, we need to do what is right."


To all the beautiful wonders of America,
Love,
The Crew

No comments:

Post a Comment