Friday, March 6, 2015

Visiting our sister: Meet Sherry


Out in Utah for her internship, we were very excited to get to see our sister Sherry!
She had gotten us tickets for a museum that featured an exhibit called 'No Fixed Address', bringing awareness to the homelessness present in Utah and telling the stories of those people who have No Fixed Address.


The rest of the Leonardo was a creative experience exploring the mysteries of math and science and the wonders of the world around us.
If anyone had ever told us that the Pythagorean Theorem could be this fun, we probably wouldn't have believed them!

 "I get up in the morning because my life is not my own. It has been entrusted to me as a gift---I did nothing to earn it. But I must use my other gifts to give this greatest gift back to the One who gave it to me, and try to convince others to do the same. AMDG."

"I get up in the morning to share my joy with all those around me---whether it is at work or with friends to make others' days better."

"I get up each morning to honor and glorify the Lord with my Life. To receive the blessings He has in store for me and share His endless joy with all I meet."

"Each morning I get up to pursue God's plan for me and give thanks for all I have been blessed with!"



We all hiked up to the top of one of the mountains on the edge right outside of the city, looking for a destination called the Living Room (several stones set up to look like, well, a living room overlooking the city). While we ended up getting slightly lost and not finding the Living Room, we did get to take some beautiful pictures atop the ridges...and ate some incredible snacks!


That is, until Sherry started tickling us...


We don't know who the dog is...or whose he is...he just kind of wandered in...we think he's pretty cute though (and a good addition to our photo)!

 "I get up in the morning because I can."
"I get up in the morning for love, or life, my family, my friends."


Thanks to these lovely Sisters, we had a tour of Temple Square in Salt Lake City and learned all about the Mormon church.

"I get up every morning because I love being a missionary. Every moment I'm aware, I can be a missionary and help others come into Christ."
"Being a missionary and share more about what we believe and that brought us so much peace and joy in this life even through trials."


One of the few in existence, this statue called the Christus, is an exact replica of the 11ft original by sculptor Bertel Thorvaldsen which resides in Copenhagen, Denmark.


As the sun set, the architecture of the temple on the square simply glowed with the blues and purples as the evening slowly sets in, and we made our way back to get ready for a lovely Valentine's Day night.

"I get up in the morning to live another beautiful life that God just give me."

"I get up every morning because I'm so excited to eat breakfast."


We were delighted to accept the invitation for the amazing Valentine's Day dinner that the young men of the Newman center hosted for the ladies...and they even gave each one of us roses!  Thanks a million to all of you gentlemen, we really had a fantastic time!


To life, to love, and to getting lost,
Love,
The Crew

No comments:

Post a Comment