Tuesday, March 31, 2015

"Over Minnesota, and Through Wisconsin, to Grandmother's House We Go..."



We've been to De Witt to visit our Grandmother many times, but we realized that we had never actually strolled through the down town.


Just past the park & the Opera house, on the brink of town, the historical society has compiled a riveting series of exhibits to document De Witt's grand history as a part of Iowa!


From bridal gowns to war momentos, grade school memorabilia to old telephones, the historical society has cataloged the beautiful, rich history of their town.


No matter where we go, its always been interesting to see how each state remembers their history. Whether it be a visit to memorials and museums, or just a walk down main street, we've learned so much about the history that we are a part of, and how these roots have helped to plant the foundation in which our nation is built on today.

 
“I get up in the morning to finish my daily routines and make everyone smile at work! :)”


“To find my purpose in the world.”


“Because I have things to do and places to go and people to see and because I am glad to be alive.”


“To do all the activities I like to do: teach, take care of my home and family.”


“I have to get up to go to work at 4:30 a.m.. Glad that I still have a job to go to.”


Thank you so much to our amazing Iowa family! Grandma, it was so incredibly nice to see you and catch up! You were the highlight of our visit and we can't wait to make a trip out to see you again!


To Our Roots,
Love,
The Crew

No comments:

Post a Comment